Spindle Roughing Gouges
Also known simply as a roughing gouge. Recommended for the initial turning of uneven or square spindle stock to round. The shape of the spindle roughing gouge enables the tool to cut safely with the wings (the tips of the side walls) well back from the workpiece. Not designed for use on bowl grain projects.
And what sets Robert Sorby apart from other brands?
- Firstly, all Robert Sorby tools are produced in our own factory - not sourced second-hand as many do today
- Our tools are specifically produced for turners who understand the nuances of the craft
- The range of tools offered is unsurpassed with patterns available for all applications and some which remain exclusive to Robert Sorby
- This level of quality is underpinned by scrupulous product testing which ensures each tool leaving the factory has been individually tested
- Robert Sorby are leaders in product innovation and design. Over the last few years we have introduced a wide selection of new products like the Hollowmaster, Multi Tip Hollowing Tool, Spindlemaster, Stebcentre, and Universal Sharpening System
- All tools carry a no-quibble guarantee
|Robert Sorby Chisels|
|Roughing Gouges||Roughing Gouges Recommended for the initial turning of un even of square stock to round. The shape of the roughing-out gouge enables the tool to cut safely with the wings (the name given to the tips of the side walls) well back from the workpiece. Roughing gouges must not be used on bowl projects.|